|By Kevin Benedict||
|December 28, 2010 03:11 PM EST||
The global market for machine-to-machine (M2M) device connections will grow from 62 million devices in 2010 to 2.1 billion devices in 2020, according to a new report from Analysys Mason (London, UK). With a year-on-year growth rate of between 36 percent and 52 percent. M2M is predicted to be one of the fastest growing wireless connectivity sectors in the next decade.
|Wireless M2M Sensors|
The growth in the M2M market must also be accompanied by advances in EAM (enterprise asset management) solutions so the data can be viewed and used effectively. In addition to EAM solutions, business intelligence solutions need to be developed to interpret vast quantities of data in real time to make the data usable.
Full Disclosure: I am an independent mobility consultant, mobility analyst, writer and Web 2.0 marketing professional. I work with and have worked with many of the companies mentioned in my articles.
- Moneyball, Big Data, The Internet of Things and Enterprise Mobility
- Louisiana Gets Its Own Green Cloud Computing Infrastructure
- NRK media day – Michael T. Jones of Google
- The Global Market for M2M Devices Is Huge!
- ProfNet Experts Available on State of the Union, Disaster Response, More
- Dassault Systèmes’ DraftSight Surpasses One Million Downloads!
- ProfNet Roundup: 2013 Commencement Speakers
- PR's Biggest Fear: Crisis Communications with Traditional & Social Media; Workshops to be Held in Singapore and Hong Kong
- Ethical and Environmental Funds: "Heroes and Villains"
- Entrepreneur - Be Careful Using The Term